Answers deleted 80% of entries in 2 drop down fields

Hi, we have been using Epicollect since 2022 to collect field data for nonprofit wildlife research. Recently, about 80% of my entries on a parent form were deleted for 2 drop down questions. Has anyone else had this issue? I did not delete entries to re-upload them. The ~700 entries are still there, but the answers to 2 required questions are now blank when they were not before. I’ve tested the app and it is back to recording answers for these two fields. Has anyone had issues with this and is there a way to recover it? I’m not sure if the developers were doing some work in the background which would have affected it…

We can assure you that no changes have been made on our end.

Please note that required questions cannot be left blank; the system will not accept entries with missing required questions upon upload.

Data are only deleted when questions are removed using the form builder. If you deleted and then re-added the same question, the system treats it as a new question, even if the question text remains the same.

Additionally, if a jump was added, a required question might appear blank despite being mandatory. This can also occur when editing existing questions.

Could you kindly share an example, possibly with screenshots, illustrating the issue you’re encountering? Moreover, please provide the name of the project(s) affected by the issue.

Your insights will greatly assist in understanding and resolving the problem.

Thank you.

It appears that no additional details have been provided regarding the current thread.

In the absence of further information, we are unable to proceed with the discussion.

If you have any additional details to share or questions to ask, please feel free to start a new thread.

Thank you for your understanding.