Cannot see map view on smartphone. Wagtails

I’m just starting with a project called Wagtails. Its an art project. It seems to work on my laptop windows and chrome however i do not seem to be able to get the map view on my smartphone. It works on the windows machine. Any help would be appreciated. Peter

Please see →

I have resolved this issue. You have to migrate to project info and it is an option under the menu on the data page. you then need to select Project Info. Then you need to select the square box with an arrow in the top right hand corner of the screen . View Data and then use the menu selector and Map is an option. If the developers ever read this comment may i suggest that i could certainly do with a rethink about how this option can be seen. It really should be available as a menu option on the from page of the app. Cheers Peter

Thanks for your feedback.

The “Project Info” is related to a specific project, so a project must be selected first.

Once a project is selected, there is a right menu showing all the options for that project, “Project Info” is one of them.

We think it makes more sense this way.

Sorry its taken a while to view this response. I must respectfully disagree with you. On the phone app. If I want to see the data displayed on a map I have to go through the following steps after I have selected the project that I am interested in.

1. Select the vertical ellipsis
  2. Select Project information ( remember I have already selected the project to get to this point
  3. Select the square in the top right with the arrow in it
  4. select view data
  5. select the 3 horizontal lines
  6. select map

This is six steps to get to a place that could be presented on the opening page.

Surely there must be an easier way to navigate to the map view. I’ve written a small app Wagtails for some friends and they are rejecting it because it is too difficult/complicated to use. In this respect I have to agree. Do you have any other ways to give my users a link that will open up at the map without this complication?

I can understand that some projects may want to hide this information however for an open project where the data is not required to be secure. A link to a read only view of the data would be really good.

Thank you for your feedback!

First of all, the map is optional.

Many projects do not have any map, therefore the table view is always the default when viewing a project for consistency.

Due to the dynamic nature of Epicollect5, implementing a solution that covers all the possible use cases is often impossible, so we always try to pick one that covers most of them. Obviously, we cannot make everybody happy every time :wink:

However, there are multiple ways to share a project:

You can share the link to your project directly.

Public projects also feature share links on the project home page

Or you can just copy the link of the data view from your browser

You could also embed the link to your project in your forms directly, in a README question type

You could even create your own map in Google Maps and share that instead →

We hope this helps