Current date and time is not current time zone

The date and time questions in our projects have the advanced property to “Set initial answer to current date (or time).” This worked great and saved us much time until recently. Instead of using the device’s current date and time, it uses UTC, which gives us not only the wrong time, but often the wrong date as we’re 6-7 hours behind UTC. Is it possible to change this back to using the device’s time?

Hi, what timezone are you in? We assume Los Angeles (-7 UTC).

If that started happening since our latest Android update (5.0.2), it is probably a bug.

However, we are looking into it and it seems it gets displayed wrong in the picker but the selected value is correct:

And it gets saved correctly

Anyway, this will get fixed in our next update, thank you for reporting it.

We pushed an update to the Play Store, version 5.0.7, which should fix the issue.
It is currently in Beta, so:

Get beta versions of apps

Important: To get the beta version of an app, the app must already be installed on your device.

1. Open the Play Store Google Play.
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & devices and then Installed.
  4. Tap an app to open its detail page.
  5. Under “Join the beta,” tap Join and then Join.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, this was happening on an Android, but no, we’re not in California.

I just removed the advanced property to “Set initial answer to current date (or time).” Although it’ll add a bit of time, I think I’d rather clearly see the data I’m entering than relying on the device to do it correctly.