Mapping numerical data

My epicollect form collects both text based data and numerical data from site visits. Each site visit generates a line of data in an exported excel spreadsheet, with columns of either text or numbers. I can generate epicollect maps using filters to query the text based data (with map dots showing number of site visits at each location), but I would like to generate maps from the numerical data as well - with the size of the dot showing the number of x or y recorded at each site. Is that possible?
Many thanks M

Could you please provide more details and possibly an example to help us better understand what you are aiming to achieve?

This would assist us in offering more precise assistance or guidance.

Thank you for your cooperation.

•Questions asked of the person entering data are about hunting bag returns:

Code for reporter
• Date taken
• Area bird taken from (area 1, area 2, area 3)
• Location (using your phone to download exact location)
• What kind of take (method 1, method 2, method 3)
• What kind of firearm (type 1, type 2)
• Number of guns on the shoot
• How many birds were taken
• How many eggs were taken
• Notes – optional (freetext)

The default Epicollect map provides information for each site visit and will break this down by the kind of take, or the kind of firearm used using the filter in the mapping screen. The size of the dot represents hunting effort by showing the number of times an area is visited. I also want a map to show hunting effort with the size of the dots representing the number of birds taken.

Many thanks for your help

The default Epicollect map provides information for each site visit and will break this down by the kind of take, or the kind of firearm used using the filter in the mapping screen. The size of the dot represents hunting effort by showing the number of times an area is visited. I also want a map to show hunting effort with the size of the dots representing the number of birds taken.

Epicollect5 does not provide these features. What is available for data visualization is documented at →

However, entries can be exported in csv format and imported into a third-party tool like Microreact or Carto.

https://microreact.org/

1 Like