Possible to retrieve overwritten (edited) entry data?

Hi there,

I have a user who is collecting photo (and other) data for several sites to monitor them over time. On her 2nd round of visits to the sites, instead of tapping ‘+ Add entry’ she has opened her previous (1st round) entries on her iPhone and taken a new photo at each site then saved the new photo - thereby overwriting and losing the original photos.

I have looked through the native photo app on her iPhone in case the Epicollect5 app had created an album in which I might have found the old (1st round) photos still sitting, but no luck.

I did download her data after the 1st round, save it to CSV and then import to Google Maps. I hoped that I might use the photo URLs from the CSV to recover these photos, but the URL appears to be pinned to the live web-based entry rather than a unique photo-based identifier and so brings up her 2nd round photos rather than retrieving her 1st round photos.

I suspect the answer is a simple ‘no!’, but is there any way to retrieve I can retrieve the overwritten photos for this user - either from the web server or the user’s iPhone?

Many thanks in advance (and thanks indeed for a fantastic platform and support in general - I have been using Epicollect5 for many years in an educational setting and am now using it to help with land management),
Simon.

Hi,

unfortunately that is not possible we are afraid.

1 Like