Regarding obtaining location

I have one project in EPicollect “Internal Panel Day to Day performace” which is already created. It was performing well for few days. There I has one question regarding update the current location. Now users couldn’t able to map the location. App showing some error occurred like that. Pls do the needful

To diagnose problems with your device’s GPS, we recommend the app GPS Status and Toolbox, available for both Android and iOS.

Still I couldn’t able to get GPS. If possible i will share the video of current problem.

For now uploaded screenshot of current problem.

Is there any way to share video?

We have not changed anything on our apps and we cannot reproduce your issue either we are afraid

If you look at the most recent entries on our demo project at →

you will see users are uploading location coordinates correctly, see also screenshot below

Hello there,

Did you get the issue sorted?
My Android phone suddenly stopped acquiring location when offline. All other apps (Avenza, GPS status and Toolbox…) are working just fine, so it’s definitely an issue with Epicollect5. It’s like
I have tried removing the access to location services and re-enabling it, and de-installing the app, but nothing solves the problem.
I need help please!

Thank you,
Stephanie

Could you kindly share an example, possibly with screenshots, illustrating the issue you’re encountering? Moreover, please provide the name of the project(s) affected by the issue.

Your insights will greatly assist in understanding and resolving the problem.

Thank you.

Please see

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! The location questions don’t help, unfortunately… I noticed we can now manually enter the location but this is not how it’s supposed to work, just a backup :wink:
Screenshots are attached

The location doesn’t work offline on any of the projects while it works on other phones but for the sake of the question we are working on the projects “UGA Light camera traps” and ORC UGA Scat Collection"

It looks like you do not have a SIM card on your phone.

1 - Have you tried to get the location with a working SIM card?

2 - Have you tried to get the location when in aeroplane mode?

1 Like

Indeed, we don’t have a SIM card in this phone and won’t have one, so it won’t help.
I’ve tried in airplane mode and it doesn’t work either…
Location used to work fine, so most likely the problem is due to the update.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to replicate the issue on our test devices, which poses a challenge in identifying the root cause.

Could you let us know the Android version and make/model of that phone so we can look into that one specifically?

Moreover, you should refresh the GPS cache on your phone, it probably expired. Connect the phone to a wifi network and try to get a location. That will refresh the cached location data on your device.

Thank you

I am using an ulefone power armor 14 pro with Android 12. We have other identical phones and they are working ok.
The GPS cache has been refreshed several times already.

Thank you.

We have other identical phones and they are working ok.”, can you elaborate?

If other phones of the same model are functioning correctly, that indicates that this might be an isolated incident specific to this particular device.

Have you attempted a factory reset on the device to troubleshoot the problem, or at least a reboot?

Confirming whether it might be a defective unit is also crucial in this scenario.
If the issue persists solely on one device, and it is not present on any other identical devices, there is nothing we can do, unfortunately.

Yes we do have the exact same models of other phones and they work correctly. The GPS on that unit work with other apps, so definitely not defective…
Reboot has been done but will try a factory reset and let you know the outcome.

We regret to inform you that, unfortunately, we are unable to provide further assistance.
This stems from the observation that identical devices do not exhibit the same issue.